A Child ID is a place to gather information that will be important should your child ever become missing.
The LRC offers two types of Child ID:
- Printed Child Identification Kit - Download and print this Child Identification Kit.
- On-Line Child ID - Register for a free On-Line Child ID.
Whichever type of Child ID you use, try to include at least the following information:
- A recent, representational, head and shoulders picture
- Complete Name, Sex, Height, Weight, Race, Eye Color, Hair Color
- Whether your child wears glasses and / or braces
- Distinquishing Marks such as scars, tatoos, body piercings, and birthmarks
- Any medical issues or disabililities
In addition to the above, if your child should ever become missing, the
following information will be useful to you, your family, and to law
- Description of jewelry
- Complete address
- Child's E-mail address, phone, web pages and web accounts
- Child's drivers license number, car description and plates
- A list of your child's friends and contact information for them
- Names, address, and all contact (home, office)
information for both parents
- Names, addresses, and contact information for guardians or other
trusted adults in your Child's life (Scout leader, Clergy, ...)
- Medical information, any special needs, location of medical, dental,
DNA, and fingerprint records
- Any other information that you would like available should your child
ever be missing.