Resources For Parents
Submitted by gay on Tue, 2007-07-03 15:27.
If you have a missing child, we can help. Call the LAURA RECOVERY CENTER (866-898-5723, 281-482-5723) after you have reported your child missing to local law enforcement.
LRC On Line Resources
- LAURA RECOVERY CENTER Search Manual
- Create a Missing Person Flyer
- If Your Child is Missing ...
- When Your Child is Missing
- After the Search
- Child Identification Kit
- On-Line Child ID
- Texas Missing Child Laws
- Texas Sex Offender Database
- National Statistics
- Texas Law Enforcement Agencies
- Mapping Tool
Other Agencies and Resources
- Team HOPE, Help Offering Parents Empowerment - A support group for families with missing children.
Toll Free: 866-305-4673
- AMECO, Association of Missing and Exploited Children's Organizations. The LAURA RECOVERY CENTER is a member of AMECO.
Toll Free: 877-263-2620
All the AMECO member organizations are listed at this website.
- Find an AMECO member agency that can help.
- Polly Klaas Foundation, Petaluma, California. Helps find missing children, prevents children from going missing, and promotes laws like Amber Alert that help keep children safe.
Toll Free: 800-587-4357
- KlaasKids Foundation Foundation, Petaluma, California. The Foundation’s mission is to stop crimes against children. KlaasKids can assist families who need a ground search for their missing loved one. Phone: 850-525-4807
- Heidi Search Center, San Antonio, Texas. Dedicated to preventing child and adult abductions and locating missing persons by conducting community education programs, advocating community awareness, facilitating search and location efforts locally in the San Antonio area and offering assistance and referrals to those with missing loved ones nationwide.
Toll Free: 800-547-4435
- Find Your Missing Child - an online resource that shows you how to use social media to help find your missing child.
- Greater Houston Search Dogs Greater Houston Search Dogs is a 501(C)(3) volunteer not-for-profit search dog organization on call 24 hours a day to assist law enforcement and emergency service agencies in locating lost or missing persons.
- Texas Center for the Missing, Houston, Texas - Offering help & hope to the missing & their families.
- Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse will list missing persons on their web site. Make sure your law enforcment agency has completed an NCIC entry for your missing child, then submit this form to the Clearing House.
(National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)
Toll Free: 800-THE-LOST (800-843-5678)
LRC Recommendations for Internet Safety Information: